Physical Features of Atlantic South America
Welcome to the physical features of the Atlantic South America. From the Amazon River to the Mountain peeks of Peru, the sights here are amazing. Without the physicall features of this region, life would be just plain old dull. From amazing vegitation to exotic animals, this region is pretty wild.
· The Amazon River is 4000 miles long
· The Amazon River runs from the Andes Mountains in Peru to the Atlantic Ocean
· Landscapes range from tropical forests to grassy plains
· The northern and coastal areas have moist tropical climates
· The southern regions have cooler climates
· In the Amazon Basin it rains almost everyday
· Most of South America’s physical features are located in this region
· Features include mountains, plateaus, and plains
· The Tropical rain forest is suffering from deforestation
· This region includes estuaries.
· An estuary is a partially enclosed body of water where salt and fresh water mix.